Sunday 6 April 2014

Four days to go!

My name's Wenlock and I'm a stuffed traveller.  I'm about to set out on a journey to South America so I can tell my friend Robin all about it.  I've never been as far as South America before so I'm very excited!

At the moment I'm busy packing my bags.  I'm going to take a tent and some walking boots with me so I can go camping in the countryside in South America.  There are lots of high mountains there so I'm taking some warm clothes with me too.  It might be chilly on the top of a mountain.

Talking of being chilly, I'm going to start my adventure in Santiago which is the capital of the country called Chile!  They talk Spanish there so I'm taking a dictionary.  Here's the phrase I learnt today: 'Me llamo Wenlock' (my name is Wenlock).  Robin would say: 'Me llamo Robin'.  The funny thing is that 'llamo' sounds like 'yamo'.  Robin's quite clever so I'm sure he'll remember that.

I have to fly all night and half the day to get to Santiago so I need a nice long rest first, ready for the journey.  I'm staying in a quiet cottage in Worcestershire, in the countryside near Birmingham, where I can relax until the plane leaves.  There are only four more days to go.  Hooray!

From Wenlock

PS.  Robin's auntie told me that 'odyssey' is a big word for a journey so I've decided to call this blog 'Wenlock's South American Odyssey'.  I just hope that odysseys are as exciting as they sound!

No comments:

Post a Comment