Thursday 10 April 2014

Lots of Silver People

Today I'm in London on my way to the airport.  I've just visited Covent Garden, which is a big market square full of stalls and shops and cafes.  I saw a lot of strange-looking people there!

One man was dressed in silver clothing: silver trousers, silver shoes, silver socks, a silver waistcoat and a silver shirt.  He even had silver all over his hair and his face.  I don't know how he'll ever get his face clean again!  Another man was dressed completely in gold.  There were also a couple of people sitting in mid-air, about a metre above the pavement.  I thought only Harry Potter knew how to do things like that.

I had a good time looking at them and listening to some guitarists who were standing in the square playing music.  They are called buskers and they were collecting money in their guitar cases.  I enjoyed listening to them so I threw them a few coins of pocket money.

London feels very busy after my quiet weekend in the Worcestershire countryside.  There are people here from lots of different countries.  This morning I heard people speaking English, Dutch, French and lots of other languages that I didn't recognise.

Speaking of languages, I've been practising a few more phrases of Spanish ready for my trip to South America.  Apparently, the word for 'hi' is 'hola' or if you're talking to a grown up you might say 'buenos dias' (good morning).

Right, I'm off to the airport.  Next stop Santiago!

No comments:

Post a Comment