Sunday 13 April 2014

The Best View in Santiago

Hi, it's Wenlock here, checking in from Santiago, the capital city of Chile.  Santiago is a big city, about the size of Birmingham, and I've discovered it's quite a good place to be a stuffed traveller because there are lots of hills you can climb to get a brilliant view.

I climbed a hill yesterday called San Cristobal.  I got quite puffed walking to the top of it so I ate an ice cream when I got there to cool myself down.  Once I'd finished my cornet I had a look at the view and saw hundreds of tower blocks and cars and roads and churches in the city down below.

There was a huge white statue of Mary on top of the hill and a procession of people coming to see it.  Most people here are Catholic and there are lots of celebrations taking place because it's nearly Easter.

From the hill I could also see a big snow-capped mountain in the distance.  I'm setting off to try and climb it so this is the last you'll hear from me for a few days.  If I make it to the top, I'll send you my summit photos!

Bye for now,  Wenlock.

No comments:

Post a Comment