Sunday 28 December 2014

The Top of the World!

I've been to see Mount Everest, the tallest mountain in the world!  It's 8,848m high, which is over eighty-eight thousand times taller than a stuffed traveller like me!  (I haven't actually measured myself recently but I think I'm about ten centimetres tall.)

I was so excited to see Mount Everest that I thought I'd take a few photos to prove that I've been there.


There were lots of Buddhist prayer flags in front of the mountain, just like in the mountains in Nepal.  Mount Everest is in both Tibet and Nepal - it's on the border.

Did you know that in Tibetan, Mount Everest is called Chomolungma?


I'm not sure my last photo showed how enormous Mount Everest is so here's another one.


In Nepal, you have to walk for days and days to get to Mount Everest but in Tibet there is a road to the viewpoint so I went there in a minibus.  I took my photo when I was 5,200m above sea level, which isn't quite as high as my record (6,000m high in Argentina) but it's still pretty high.  It was quite chilly!

After I left Everest, we drove across the border into Nepal, where I went to see some more Buddhist monuments like this one.


I was excited to be back in Nepal.  It's very interesting to visit new places but it's also nice to go back to places you already know.  I'm starting to feel quite at home in Nepal!

I expect I'll feel even more at home when I go back to Birmingham to see Adam, Robin and Grace in a few months time!

No comments:

Post a Comment