Sunday 21 December 2014

Two Days on a Train

When I left Chengdu I went on a forty-four hour train ride.  That's a very long time on a train!

I slept for two nights on the train and ate some bread and eggs in the restaurant car.  Uncle Guy and Auntie Susan drank some Chinese wine called 'Great Wall Wine'.  It's named after the Great Wall of China (maybe you can find some pictures of the wall on Google images?).  Stuffed travellers don't drink wine though.

I actually had quite a comfortable train journey even though it was so long.   I wonder what is the longest time that Grace, Robin and Adam have spent on a train?

I saw lots of views from the window.  In some places I saw lots of skyscrapers being built because some Chinese cities are getting bigger very quickly.


Then the train started climbing very high to get to Lhasa in Tibet.  Tibet is in the mountains.  It was a bit like being back in Dolpo!  (I'm sorry my photos aren't very good but I had to take them through the train window.)


It must be very difficult to build a train line that goes more than 5,000m above the sea, where there is snow on the ground all the time.  I reckon there are some very good engineers in China to build such an enormous railway.

Maybe Adam, Robin and Grace will take me on the Severn Valley Railway when I get back to England.  The only question is: will the train ride feel a bit short after riding on trains in China?!

No comments:

Post a Comment