Wednesday 31 December 2014

Water in the Desert

I've been so busy telling you about my adventures in Tibet and Nepal that I didn't have time to tell you about my trip to Rajastan.  

Rajastan is in the west of India and I went there in September.  It's normally a very dry place - a desert.  I saw lots of camels walking along the road.



There was lots of water in some parts of Rajastan though.  I went to a town called Udaipur, which is next to a beautiful lake, and I took a cable car up to this viewpoint.  (I would have walked, but it's a bit too hot to walk in India when you're a stuffed traveller with fur, like me.)


I also saw a massive waterfall and quite a lot of trees.  I was surprised because you don't normally find big waterfalls in very dry areas.

Adam, Robin and Grace often see waterfalls, like Linton Falls, because the UK is quite a wet country.  It doesn't rain as much in India though.  The only time when it rains a lot is in the summer - mostly in July and August.  I visited Rajastan a few weeks after the wet season so there was still quite a lot of water.  If I had visited later in the year, there might not have been so much left.


There were lots of other interesting things to see in Rajastan but I'll tell you about them in my next blog post.  I hope you're still following my travels?  I'd like to know which bits you enjoyed the most when I get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment