Saturday 3 January 2015

I Spy ... a Blue Town!

There are lots of palaces to visit in Rajastan.  I enjoyed looking round this one in a small town called Bundi.  Look at all those turrets!  




I thought the gardens were rather nice too.  If I lived in Bundi palace I think I'd spend quite a lot of time enjoying the sunshine and looking at the plants in the garden!

Before India became one big country, it was divided into smaller areas.  Each area had its own rulers, with their own palace.  That's why there are lots and lots of towns with palaces in Rajastan.

Here's a closer view of the courtyard in one of the palaces.  (It was very sunny when I went there so it's hard to see me properly!)


There are also lots of castles in Rajastan.  Some of them are protected by walls that go on for miles and miles!  This one is called Kumbalgarh.


When India was divided into small areas, the rulers built lots of castles to defend themselves.  They didn't want to be attacked by rulers from other parts of India.

Kumbalgarh was a very successful castle.  It was never once conquered by an enemy!

From the walls of some of the castles I got a very good view of nearby cities.  This is a picture of the town of Jodhpur.  It's very pretty as almost all of the houses are blue.  It looks very different from an English city, doesn't it?


I wonder if there are any towers where Grace, Robin and Adam can get a good view over the city of Birmingham?

No comments:

Post a Comment