Thursday 15 January 2015

A Helicopter Ride!

I've been on a helicopter ride!  Here's a picture of me in the front seat of the helicopter, next to the pilot.


It was quite a small helicopter.  It could only hold eight people plus stuffed travellers.  Here is the helicopter.


We were flying over the east of Nepal.  It's very hilly because it's near the Himalayas (the biggest mountains in the world).

Through the helicopter windows, we could see lots of paddy fields on the hillsides where people were growing rice.  Lots of people in Nepal are farmers.  The view was amazing!


I had to take a helicopter because I was supposed to fly by aeroplane but my flight was cancelled.  I got stuck in a place called Lukla for days and days!  I kept asking at the airport if it was my turn to go on the aeroplane, but it never was.  In the end, I got very tired of waiting for a plane.  I would have missed my flight to Thailand if I had waited any longer - oh dear!

If I had flown by aeroplane instead of helicopter, it might have been quite scary.  Here's a picture of the runway at Lukla airport.  It's very short so they can only fly tiny planes there.  (The runway in Birmingham is MUCH longer!)



I went on my helicopter ride after my trek in Nepal where I saw Everest and lots of other mountains.  I forgot to tell you about it as I was busy travelling to Thailand and Vietnam and other places.  It was very exciting though.  I rather like riding on helicopters but I don't know if I'll ever have another go as they are rather expensive!

No comments:

Post a Comment