Sunday 4 January 2015

Do You Like My Hat?

Hello.  Guess where I am?  

I'll give you a clue.  The person rowing the boat in my picture is wearing a special kind of hat.  There's one country in the world that's famous for these hats.


Got it yet?  Well, I'll tell you.  I'm in Vietnam.  It's very hot and sunny here in the summer so I guess people need big hats to keep the sun of their heads.  Here's another one ...




I decided that I'd like to wear a Vietnamese hat but it was quite hard to find one in my size.  They don't seem to make many hats in Vietnam for stuffed travellers.  This was the best fit I could find.  It's a little bit big for me but at least I won't get sunburn!


It wasn't always hot when I was in Vietnam though as it's winter here, just like in Britain.

Vietnam is a very long thin country and it takes a long time to travel from end to end.  (Even after I went on an overnight train ride, I was still less than half way down Vietnam!)  This means the weather is quite different in different places.  In the north of the country, it's quite chilly in the winter but in the south it's always warm.  It's a bit like the UK where it's colder in Scotland than in London and Birmingham.

I found my hat in the south of Vietnam where it's nice and warm.  I wonder what type of hats Grace, Adam and Robin are wearing right now.  They're probably wearing thick woolly hats for the Christmas holidays!



No comments:

Post a Comment