Tuesday 2 September 2014

The Biggest Mountains in the World

I've just been trekking!

I started in a place called Manali, in the Himalayas.  The Himalayas are the tallest mountains in the world (Everest is in the Himalayas).  They are so big that they stretch across lots of countries: India, Nepal, Bhutan, Pakistan, Tibet and China.  I was in the Indian area.

Here is one of my campsites.


There were lots of beautiful flowers in the valley.  I was very lucky to see them as they only grow for about a month each year during the 'monsoon season'.




The seasons are different here from in Birmingham.  All of the rain falls in the 'monsoon season', from June to September.  For the rest of the year it's dry.  I bet Adam, Robin and Grace sometimes wish it was dry in Birmingham for most of the year!

Unfortunately my fur got a bit wet because of the monsoon but then I got into my tent to keep dry so that was okay.

Lots of sheep and shepherds live in the hills in the area where I was trekking.  Soon they will have to go down into the valleys because there will be lots of snow on the mountains in the winter.


I'm afraid I didn't climb any 6,000m mountains on this trek - sorry Robin!  The highest I climbed was 4,300m.  It's still quite high for a stuffed traveller though!

Now I'm relaxing after my trek and eating lots of curry - the main food in India.  I wonder when Adam, Robin and Grace last had curry in Birmingham?  It's quite popular in Britain too.

One more thing: HAPPY BIRTHDAY ADAM!  I hope you had a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment